Governed by the Statute and the other documents of the Independent Union of Journalists and Media Workers (SSNM), in the next five-year period the membership and management of the Independent Union of Journalists and Media Works will pay special attention to:
- Direct communication with future members, visiting journalists and media workers at their place of work, pointing out the goals and advantages of organizing in a union;
- Promoting a new, contemporary form of working by making membership part of as many decisions and solutions as possible, using all traditional and modern means of communication: internet, e-mail, social networks, etc.;
- Provision of free legal aid to the membership in the realization of their individual and collective rights in the work relations and initiating a procedure before the competent courts- initiating and leading negotiations and signing collective agreements at national and media level;
- Cooperation with the State Inspectorate for the purpose of protecting workers` and media workers` rights. SSNM will strive towards establishing order in the media operation and compliance with the regulations from the Macedonian legislation in order to eliminate unauthorised work and to enable proper protection of workers.
- Close cooperation of SSNM with the Association of Journalists, the Macedonian Media Institute and all other non-governmental and non-partisan organizations the operation of which is directed towards the media sphere and its improvement;
- Initiating and developing regional cooperation with trade union associations for assistance, exchange of experiences and joint operation;
- Acquiring membership of SSNM in the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) as an umbrella-organization which unites the media trade unions and associations of journalists from all over the world;
In doing so, SSNM will accept help in donations, sponsorships, exchange of experiences, etc.., but only in cases when it does not affect the independence of the organizations.